Hotspot Office, LLC is a multifaceted Systems Engineering Consultancy located in the Greater Pittsburgh Metropolitan area.
Our primary focus is on Software Development, particularly as it relates to process control and data acquisition for research and manufacturing applications, but we've done a whole lot more!
We're very hands-on. Very. We also know how to shut up and listen.
We can sit down with your SMEs and work right alongside them to develop the right solution for your needs.
The incredible breadth and depth of our technical experience means that we've got you covered. We can read your prints and designs, make suggestions, document traceable requirements, create prototypes, create software following our own or your recommended software development methodologies (we follow a agile XP adapted for our organization), and author the manuals and documentation. We can even train your staff and customers and provide application support.
We've successfully developed solutions for a variety of industries, including:
- Semiconductor Device Manufacturing and Process Research
- Photovoltaic (a-Si:H, CTO/ITO) Device Research and Manufacturing
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Dynamic Social Network Analytics
- Healthcare and Hospital Management
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Metal Pickling and Metal Surface Treatment (Titanium and Carbon Steel)
- Specialty Point-of-Sale (POS) Systems
- Advanced Academics and Education
We're "language agnostic", and in the 30 years we've been practicing we've used everything from BASIC and C/C++ to Pascal and Modula-2, to LISP and FORTH and now Java and Ruby. Windows, Linux, Android...doesn't matter, we've done it all. (That being said, we love Ruby and Padrino!)
Control technologies we've worked with (again, hands-on) include:
- PLCs, board level devices, and outboard systems (both smart and dumb data acquisition boards and systems...
- Interfaces ranging from ethernet and USB to RS232C/RS485, I<sup>2</sup>S, custom digital and BCD...the list goes on;
- Everything from DC/AC/RF/Microwave power control, Pressure and Flow control, Lasers
- Robots and Motion Control systems ranging from sub-micron micropositioning to ten-ton overhead hoists and carriers
- much, much more!
We'd love to confidentially discuss your needs, won't you give us a call or drop us an email?
For more information, please contact our COO/CCBW David Schofield,